Pages Of My Blog

28 augustus 2016

Friend (More Than Words & Stuck?! Sketches)

Hi! I hope your weekend has been wonderful. As I told you before, I had a busy day filled with two birthday parties yesterday. So I decided to relax a bit today. I made a lay-out for two challenges: Stuck?! Sketches and More Than Words. Here it is...

Hoi! Ik hoop dat jullie een fijn weekend hebben gehad. Zoals ik in mijn vorige blogpost vertelde, had ik gisteren een drukke dag met twee verjaardagen. Daarom besloot ik vandaag een beetje uit te rusten. Ik maakte een lay-out voor twee challenges: Stuck?! Sketches en More Than Words. Dit is 'm geworden...


The challenge over at More Than Words is to create a lay-out about the theme 'friends' and to incorporate circles in it. I decided to scrap a photo of my best friend Avila with her two rabbits. At the day this photo was taken, I felt a little down. Avila invited me to her house to play with her rabbits and that really cracked me up. She's definitely an amazing friend!
The circles on the background of my lay-out were all handdrawn with a black fineliner.

De opdracht bij More Than Words is om een lay-out te maken met het thema 'vrienden' en om daar ook cirkels in te verwerken. Ik besloot een foto te scrappen van mijn beste vriendin Avila met haar twee konijnen. Op de dag dat deze foto is genomen, voelde ik me een beetje down. Avila nodigde me uit om naar haar huis te komen en met de konijnen te spelen. Zo wist ze me echt op te vrolijken. 
De cirkels zie je terug in de getekende rondjes op het achtergrondvel.


I was also inspired by the beautiful Stuck?! Sketches sketch below.

Ook liet ik me inspireren door deze mooie sketch van Stuck?! Sketches.




The papers that I used are from Prima Marketing's Heaven Sent collection. I cut out several rabbits and an hot-air balloon from the papers.

Het papier dat ik gebruikte, komt uit de Heaven Sent collectie van Prima Marketing. Ik heb verschillende konijnen en een luchtballon uit het papier geknipt.


The lovely butterflies were a gift from a friend of mine who has been studying in Japan for 5 months. She bought them at a very cute papercraft store and I just love them.

De leuke vlindertjes waren een cadeau van een vriendin die 5 maanden in Japan heeft gestudeerd en net terug is gekomen. Ik vind ze zo leuk!


Thank you for stopping by!

Dankjewel voor je bezoekje!

16 opmerkingen:

  1. I love the storybook appeal of your art Pretty layers too. Thank you for joining us at More Than Words.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I love the storybook appeal of your art Pretty layers too. Thank you for joining us at More Than Words.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Oh what a lovely story! That's what scrapping is all about - recording these special moments. What a fab page as well. Thanks for playing along again at More Than Words.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Beautiful photo, great design and so many pretty details too. Another brilliant layout Romy. Thanks for playing along with us again at More Than Words.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. A really pretty layout Romy, lovely papers and colors! I hope you had a great weekend!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. This is so pretty, love the soft colours and the pearls in the tiny circles on your background! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Wat een mooie, zachte tinten en prachtige lay-out! Heel soft and feminine, ook door de schattige details!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Ohhhhhhhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING the photo, the colors, the bunnies and that hot air balloon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Oh, this layout is SO sweet, Romy! I so love the soft colors and pretty papers, and that photo is adorable, too. Love that you had some sweet bunny embellies to go along with your photos. And I really like your tiny circles in the background with all those pretty butterflies. Those are so cool!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. So pretty, Romy! Love the soft colors of the papers.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at More Than Words.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Oh, this is so very sweet! I absolutely adore the soft colours and that little resin bunny!! Adorable! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Wow, I adore this!! So soft & pretty!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Such a soft and feminine page! Beautifully done!All the best from MTW! )

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Gorgeous !! Absolutely gorgeous !! Thank you so much for joining us at More than Words !!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. WOW…super stunningly gorgeous creation…in love with Romy…<3 <3 Thank you so very much for playing along at more than words this month…xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Your comments make my day! Thank you!